Steamboat Farmers’ Market
A Farmers and artisans Market
Main Street Steamboat Springs is pleased to be able to provide an outlet for local producers of quality ranch products, specialty food items and arts and crafts to sell their products. The Market serves as the centerpiece of activity for our community on Saturday Mornings for 15 weeks during the summer. The Market is centrally located and easily accessible by car, bus, and bike or on foot. Live music is featured from 11-1 adjacent to a covered seating area each Saturday making it a comfortable place for our 1500 to 3000 visitors to send the morning.
1. The Main Street Steamboat Farmer’s Market is located at the corner of 7th and Yampa Street between 6th and 8th.
2. Vendors of the Market may sell directly to the public in accordance with the City of Steamboat Springs and the State of Colorado regulations. All Vendors are required to have a City of Steamboat Springs Sales Tax License and a Colorado Sales Tax License and are responsible for paying sales tax on items sold. Only those vendors in good standing will be allowed to participate in the maket.
- City of Steamboat Springs sales tax forms and instruction can be accessed here: http://co-steamboatsprings.civicplus.com/documentcenter/view/3114
- Colorado State Tax License forms can be accessed here: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/tax/sales-tax-account-license
3. The Market will be held June 10, 2017- September 16, 2017 weekly (15 weeks) from 9 am – 2 pm rain or shine. Vendors must be completely set up before 9am.
4. No Vehicles will be allowed in the market area after 8:45 am.
5. Parking for vendors is provided at the Ice Rink on Howelsen Parkway. A shuttle is provided before and after the market. Parking around the market is 2 hour parking intended for customers. Community safety officers are out each week and will ticket vehicles in violation.
6. Food Vendors have priority over nonfood vendors in this market. Types of Items allowed at the market:
- Fresh produce
- Baked Goods
- Packaged Food products
- Plant and landscaping materials
- Cut flowers
- Street Food Vendors
- Handcrafted arts and crafts
- Non-profit organization
- Promotional space for local business
8. Each Vendor will pay a nonrefundable $35 Registration Fee
9. Weekly Booth Fees
- $25 for fresh produce and non-profits
- $50 all other food Items
- $60 Non-Food items
Vendors needing more than 1 space will be charged the regular rate for each additional space
7. Vendors who commit to the entire 15 weeks and pay in advance will receive a 15% discount. There will be no refunds for missed market dates if a discount is applied.
8. Vendors paying weekly will need to provide a $100 security deposit and will be expected to stop at the market office and pay the market manager prior to the market closing. Cash, Check or Credit Cards are accepted.
9. All food must be registered with Routt County Health Department and will be charged a $10 inspection fee. Vendors requiring repeat inspections may be assessed additional charges. The Vendor application form for all food related items can be found here http://www.co.routt.co.us/DocumentCenter/View/125.
10. There are no exclusive rights to products for sale at the market, however, the Market Manager has the right to limit the number of vendors in any category to create the best mix of products. You may be asked to submit additional pictures of your products for consideration.
11. The Market Manager reserves the right to deny space to any vendor. Vendors are permitted to sell only items in their application. Additional products must be approved.
12. Each vendor must have the appropriate tent or canopy for the 10x 10 space provided. Weights of 30 pounds per leg are required. No stakes are permitted.
13. Participants should bring enough product to last the entire market. Vendors must stay until the end of the market regardless of inventory. No vehicles will be allowed in the market area prior to 2:15
14. Vendor Booth Space must be completely broken down before vehicles are allowed into the market area after closing. A market Ambassador will direct traffic. Vendors must obey the Ambassadors direction at closing.
15. The Market is a smoke-free environment
16. Vendors are encouraged to use recyclable materials and remove their own trash.
17. The Market Manager has control over the Market area and activities taking place within it. The Manager will maintain order and cleanliness, collect fees and communicate with vendors on pertinent issues.
18. All Vendors will agree to the rules above in order to participate in the Market. Failure to comply with the rules will result in expulsion from the market.
Questions regarding the rules of the Market can be directed to Lisa Popovich 970-367-7060 or Lisa@mainstreetsteamboat.com