2017 Chili Entry Form
Main Street Steamboat Springs
FM Light and Sons
Saturday, September 9, 2017
11 am to 3 pm
Steamboat Springs, CO
It’s time for the 11th Annual Downtown Chili Challenge on Saturday, September 9, 2017 in Steamboat Springs Yampa Street adjacent to the Farmers Market . This is your invitation to enter your favorite recipe (or recipes) in this year’s chili competition. We also have a salsa and a cornbread category to round out the competition again this year.
Chili will be judged in a blind tasting by our panel of experts.
Judged categories include:
People’s Choice for both Red and Green Chili
Main Street reserves the right to eliminate judging if there are less than 3 entries in a category.
- Live music by Working Men
- Beer and other Adult Beverages
Take time now to fill out your registration form (below) and join the fun. Cash prizes will be awarded in each category and festival attendees will be able to vote for the People’s Choice Award for the best chili over all.
Click the link for the link to our PDF 2017 Chili Entry Form
For more information or to enter please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-367-7060
This event typically draws 1000 – 1200 people each year.
- Chili entrants should provide a MINIMUM of 5 gallons (it takes more like 15 to win People’s Choice) , already hot (at least 140ºF); plus, something to maintain temp throughout the competition. NOTE: there is no electricity so no crock-pots. Hint: The more you have, the longer it lasts and the more people can vote for your chili for People’s Choice. Every year contestants run out of chili when doing the minimum and the event has grown every year!
- Salsa entrants should provide a minimum of 2 gallons; plus something to dip (i.e. chips, tortilla bites, bread, other).
- Cornbread entrants should provide enough to serve at least 600 people a bite-sized taste (cut in 1″ squares) (approx six – 9’ x 14’ pans).
YOU MUST PROVIDE your own gas or charcoal stove, pot, ladle, table, chairs, tent, condiments, etc
WE WILL PROVIDE official taster cups, spoons, and napkins for the judges and the public.
DO NOT PROVIDE taster cups or spoons to the public. Without an official cup they cannot vote for your chili!
- You may start setting up at 7 am. The judging will commence precisely at 10:30 am. Prizes for “Best” and “Runner-up” in each category, plus an overall “People’s Choice Chili” Prize will be awarded at 2:30 pm.
Questions? Contact Lisa Popovich 970-367-7060
|2016 Current Entries|
|Red Chili||Green Chili||Other Chili||Salsa/Sauce||Corn Bread|