- This event has passed.
Routt County Fair
August 16 @ 12:00 am - August 19 @ 11:00 pmFree
The Routt County Fair has served the community since its first fair in 1914. Now, 104 years later, they still offer a fun-filled, family oriented fair enjoyable for both rural and urban audiences.
Take part in a century of tradition. One hundred years strong on western entertainment, the Routt County Fair maintains the glory, commitment and integrity of the Yampa Valley’s spirit.
With so much to see and do at the Fair, we’ve outlined some of the top attractions to see at this year’s event.
- Home Arts Exhibits – Routt County is home to many individuals with talents including baking, photography, woodworking, crafting beer and making wine, and more. With more than 1300 entries at last year’s fair, there’s sure to be something to suit your fancy here.
- Bull Riding and Horse Racing – This year’s Fair marks the third year for this popular event, coordinated by local Hayden cowboy and professional bullrider, Jake Booco.
- Demolition Derby and Lawn Mower Tractor Races – this popular event has sold out five years in a row and is a guaranteed hit. Please be sure to get your tickets early.
- 4-H/FFA Livestock Show and Auction – help support Routt County’s local youth by taking part in their annual livestock show and auction.
- Barn Dance featuring Caleb Austin – bring your cowboy boots and prepare to get your two step on. Austin was such a hit last year that he was asked to perform again this year.
For additional info on the 2018 Routt County Fair, please visit the official website at the link below.